Amoxycillin is a semi-synthetic penicillin with a broad antimicrobial bactericidal activity against Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria. The range of effect includes: Streptococci, not penicillinase producing Staphylococci, Bacillus anthracis, Corynebacterium spp., Clostridium spp., Brucella spp., Haemophilus spp., Pasteurella spp., Salmonella spp., Moraxella spp., E. coli, Erysipelothrix rhusiopathiae, Fusiformis, Bordetella spp., Diplococci, Micrococci and Sphaerophorus necrophorus.
The bacterial activity is governed by an inhibition of the formation of the cell. The excretion takes mainly place via the urine and the bile so that amoxycillin is also useful for the treatment of renal- and Salmonella infections in the intra-hepatic billiary tree. Colistin is a cyclic polypeptide antibiotic and has a bactericidal action against selected Gram-negative bacteria. The first bacterial effect of colistin is a blockade of the cell division of bacteria, followed by a secondary progressive lysis. Susceptible bacteria are Aerobacter aerogenes, Escherichia coli, Salmonella spp., Shigella spp., Haemophilus spp., Pasteurella spp., Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Vibrio spp. and paracolon bacteria (MIC values < 5 mcg/ml). Some Pseudomonas species may be primary resistant. Colistin sulphate is hardly absorbed after oral administration (less than 1 % of the administered dose) and therefore remains active only in the gastrointestinal tract.
Contains per gram:
Amoxycillin trihydrate 200 mg
Colistin sulphate 1,000,000 IU
Amoxy-Col wsp is indicated for treatment of gastrointestinal infections, respiratory infections, urogenital infections, local inflammations and secondary bacterial infections during viral diseases in calves, pigs, lambs and poultry. The product is also indicated in case of infections caused by bacteria susceptible to colistin, especially Colibacillosis and Salmonellosis.
- Do not administer to animals hypersensitive to penicillin or polymycins.
- Do not administer to animals with a severe impaired renal function.
- Do not use for the treatment of infections due to resistant micro-organisms.
- Do not administer to animal species not listed in the indications.
- Do not use for treatment of infections caused by penicillinase producing Staphylococci.
- Do not administer to newborns and little herbivores.
- Do not use in layers producing eggs for human consumption.
INCOMPATIBILITY WITH OTHER DRUGS:
Do not combine with other antibiotic administration like tetracyclines, macrolides and lincosamides.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION:
For oral administration via feed or drinking water.
- Poultry : 100 g per 150 litres of drinking water during 3 – 5 days.
- Calves, lambs : 5 – 7.5 g per 50 kg bodyweight during 3 – 5 days.
- Pigs : 1 – 2 g per 10 kg bodyweight during 3 – 5 days.
Mixed with feed, the product should be used immediately. Medicated drinking water should be used within 24 hours.
Meat : 7 days
Store in a dry, dark place between 2 °C and 25 °C.
Store in closed packing.
Keep medicine away from children.